Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Favourites

If I'm honest, I feel like May was over in the space of a week. Which is why this months favourites are going to be a little different. I don't feel like enough happened during May for me have the usually type of favourites post but I guess that doesn't really matter. So here are my May favourites for 2015:



TV shows:

I'm not going to lie, I watched a lot of TV in May starting with anime:
Sailor Moon. I haven't even made a dent in the episodes of this anime but it's just one that I knew I loved from the first few minutes. It is a little childish I guess but I think that's why I like it so much.


Black Butler. I wasn't completely sold on the story at first and, for me, everything was a little hard to understand (not because it's in Japanese, just because it's confusing). I won't give anything away but it wasn't until the first episode of season two that I was completely obsessed and it took over my life for a few days.


Marvel Agents of SHIELD. This was one of those shows that I watch not because I think it's amazing but because I feel I should. I definitely think season two was an improvement on one for many different reasons. Personally I don't think we saw enough of Fitz and Simmons but maybe that's just me. 


Awkward. A while ago I watched the first two and a half seasons of Awkward and I have no idea why I stopped. I now have only three episodes left and it is just so good. If I'm honest, the first two seasons were the best but that is to be expected.

Music:
This past month the music I've been listening to has changed quite a lot, it is all music I enjoyed before but I haven't really been listening to anything else. I don't really know why but I've been enjoying that new aspect of life. 

Teenagers by My Chemical Romance
I'm Alive by Becca (The song at the end of Black Butler)
Crash by You Me at Six
Anything ever sang by Fall Out Boy (that's not the title of a song, I mean it literally)
Also, anything by Paramore
I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker cover by Dodie Clark (doddleoddle)
Plug in Baby- Muse


Book:
All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher. Carrie has always been someone I look up to and she is basically living the life I want. So of course I would love this book. I haven't even finished yet but when I do I'll definitely be writing a review.

My Job:

I started doing work experience a few months ago I think, I can't really remember, but since then I've also been working on a Saturday. It's something that's really helped me to feel generally a lot better with myself. A lot of the problems I currently have with depression is feeling isolated so being around all these people (most of which I'm likely to never meet again) is something I find extremely helpful. Despite my distinct lack of social skills and bike knowledge, I think I've been doing pretty well (I work in a bike shop by the way, that wasn't clear. It's not like I work in Tesco and they expect you to know all about bikes).

Myself:

This sounds strange because I'm now just saying that I'm one of my monthly favourites but what I mean by this is the things I have done for myself, often without the need for someone to push me. I'm not one to make an effort in friendships or with my health or school work but in May I found that I just kept doing different things I knew I'd usually struggle to do. I met up with an old friend of mine I hadn't seen since we fell out about seven months ago. I messaged a friend who I haven't spoken to in a little under a year (this may not seem like a big deal but for me it really is) and it was weird and I didn't know what to say but I just did it. 
If there is anything I hate more than awkward wedding dances and racism, it is taking medication but this month that is something I had to do. I still hate it just as much but I know I will be better because of it and that's pretty great to me. 

May was a difficult month for me. I know I say that all the time but I've had to cope with and think a lot about some of the decisions I need to make and some that I believe I shouldn't have made. There is so much more I could say about everything in this post but I'm going to leave you here because I've been writing for a long time now so that's all for now. Hope to see you next time, bye

No comments:

Post a Comment