Sunday 5 July 2015

Zoella

Two years ago I started watching Zoella on YouTube. This was when she just hit one million subscribers. It's difficult not to love Zoe's personality within the videos she makes. But as her channel grew, I unsubscribed. This was mostly because the content of her channel didn't interest me anymore. I just wasn't much of a fan and to be honest I wouldn't say I really am now. A few days ago I started to watch some of Zoe's vlogs and now I'm subscribed to her second channel. Today I thought I would write this post to explain to you why I find Zoella inspiring. 
 Usually, being the way I am, seeing all the amazing things Zoe does would be quite negative. When starting to watch her vlogs again, I must have been in a good mood because it was the complete opposite. Seeing her life, especially this vlog, inspired me. I was reminded of all the things I want to achieve. I think, for me, this came at the right time.

When I think about where Zoe was two years ago, just getting one million subscribers, it's crazy. This makes me think about the future in a positive light I rarely see. I can imagine the change that is possible for me in just two years. For a while, I had it in my head that she didn't care about her subscribers as much as other YouTubers but I don't know why I thought that. Honestly, I wasn't in a great place at the time and was probably bitter about the things she could achieve when I felt I couldn't do anything with my life. All the success she has came from those people and there isn't anyway I can imagine where she doesn't appreciate that. To think that anyone, even myself, could get to that is pretty amazing. 

 Seeing Zoe's beauty collection, her book, and every photoshoot or interview she does reminds me of all of this. It's great to find someone so inspiring and who makes me want to be better and work harder. Comment below your opinions on Zoe's videos, also her book because I haven't read it yet.

Also, side note, about a month ago I'd still be classed as having severe depression and in my last test, yesterday, I was in the sub-moderate depression category. So yay me!  That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye 

11 comments:

  1. I agree, I love Zoe's second channel and she is definitely one of the few people I look up to.
    I love your writing style so much!
    Also congratulations on getting to the sub-moderate category, I have every faith that you will continue to progress.
    Best of luck!
    -LF
    http://silence-the-stigma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love Zoe and how much she's achieved. She really deserves it. Congratulations on making it into the sub-moderate category and I'm certain you will continue to get better. It's such a huge achievement, I'm really proud and happy for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does. And thank you so much, I was definitely proud of myself too xxx

      Delete
  3. Good for you for getting into the sub-moderate category. I hope it will keep getting better from now on. I watch zoella's video's with mixed feelings. Mainly because I do love love love her personality and the things she says about life and anxiety.( I thinks she helps a lot of people with that) On the other hand I do find some of her vid to be a bit shallow. For instance the hauls. It crazy to get so much money just for making that kind of video's. Actually promoting consumption. After watching hauls I feel the need to shop a lot of products I probably never would have wanted in the first place. I feel like I need those products to be happy and I do not think that's a good example for younger girls(maybe that's just me).

    But on the otherhand I do also like to watch some of them as a quilty pleasure. And their great if you need a review or anything. And I know that it's hard to have a fashion beauty blog and not be vain or shallow. There is a very thin line between inspirational and shallow. I am still trying to find the balans because I just love those topics. So yeah a love-hate relationship for me. I do think she is a lovely personality.
    I think is really nice of you to express your thought is a post.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I do admire Zoe a lot more for everything she does because of her anxiety. Sometimes it is difficult when beauty videos or fashion videos are based quite a lot on money and the idea that we will need everything we see in them. I think that's why I only watch the occasional zoella video and I watch most of her vlogs, because I do find some of them shallow in a way but that doesn't always bother me because she is inspirational more often than that xx

      Delete
  4. First I would like to say congrads on getting into the sub-moderate category. Next, I would also like to say that I just found your blog and I am completely in love. You seem like such a nice person, and I also admire Zoe for her dedication to YouTube, considering her anxiety. It's not easy for some people to be that open with their life to millions of people. It seems we have a lot of the same thoughts and views, maybe you'd like to check out my last post and leave a comment? Thanks and I'll be sure to bookmark your blog to read future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like my blog it means a lot. I'll be sure to check out yours too

      Delete
  5. I've literally just finished her book .. like ten minutes ago haha ! I really enjoyed it I found it a really calm read and would happily recommend it but then I love a lil bit of soppy holiday romance :)

    lost of love, Marianne xxx
    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like something I'll like too! Thank you for your comment xxx

      Delete
  6. I've literally just finished her book .. like ten minutes ago haha ! I really enjoyed it I found it a really calm read and would happily recommend it but then I love a lil bit of soppy holiday romance :)

    lost of love, Marianne xxx
    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete