Wednesday 9 September 2015

Motivation Wednesday is A Terrible Name

In my last post I outlined the struggles I've faced in the past few years and it helped me realise I need help. Not from therapists or doctors I've had enough of those. I need to help myself. That is why I've made the decision to be healthy mentally and physically. I know it's two in the morning so my brain is a little muddled but I think day time Erin will agree with me. I don't believe that you can just decide to be happy one day but you can decide to be healthy. Or at least try to be and that's what I plan to do. 

It's no secret I'm not healthy. When it comes to sleep, exercise, and diet, I'm the worst. And the only reason for this is because it's easy. Staying up late, sitting at home, eating whatever I want. It's all so easy and when I felt as stressed and unhappy as I did the past few years I didn't want any more challenges. But recently it came to my attention how unhealthy I am. 

It's bad timing with Winter just around the corner and my busy six day week starting last Monday. But when I have motivation I have to use it.

If you've read my blog before, you may know that I work in a bike shop on Saturdays and that's a little strange considering I didn't even own a bike. Now I do and today I went out for my first bike ride in about five years. I plan to go out on my own after school because I live very nearby a few places that are nice and because after school is usually when I eat as many unhealthy snacks as is humanly possible. Today my dad and I went about seven miles which is great (for me that is. People often come into the shop telling me about how they're about to go on an 80 mile ride and their 60 miles the night before). 

Have you ever had that feeling where you just know you're gaining weight no matter what anyone says? I have that right now. To be fair, I'd be confused if I wasn't because last night I ate a whole bag of magic stars to myself and that isn't the first time that's happened in the past two weeks. My diet is awful. Think of the worst meal you can image and then imagine eating it three times a day. That's my diet right now. When my brother moves out next week, I know it'll be easier to eat better because he asks for all the chocolate and pizza and I have to join him in eating that. Yes, I do have to. 

Why I suddenly feel motivated?
Example of my Dream Board. A lot of this won't make sense without explaining it so feel free to ask in the comments if you're interesting in what any of this means.
If you're feeling unmotivated and low, I would recommend making a dream board. I know. I know it's dumb. We made them yesterday in school (Year 11 is when it all gets serious) and then I made two more when I got home. They seem childish but apparently they work because look at me now saying I'll exercise and everything. These pictures remind me of what I'm working towards, why everything I do matters, and how I can achieve the things in them.

So here we are. The Art of Being Invisible will in fact have a series about health (not just mental health) who'd have thought we'd get this far? Now I've said all this, I feel even more motivated because if I never post any of these more people will know I failed. You know what, the name Motivation Wednesday really doesn't work. Let's call it Dream Board.

That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye

14 comments:

  1. * Stands up and claps * This is a brilliant post ! I've also made this decision recently for similar reason and I'm actually setting myself a mini goal each month to achieve over that month and at the end of the month I pick another thing to focus on that will contribute to be being healthy and happy and I've found it makes it makes it much more manageable and it's working really well for me at the minute :) But this month I've been focusing on healthy eating and getting into regular exercise and it's going quite well, I'm really enjoying how much better I feel already :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That sounds like a good way to do it, I do worry that I've decided to do too much all at once. Picking a specific thing every month might help. Good luck with your goals xxx

      Delete
  2. Ah I love the idea of making a dream board to get motivated, hadn't thought of that before! I'm trying to get healthy at the moment too and getting up the motivation to go to the gym or whatever is so hard! I've actually had to cut things like chocolate and caffeine out of my diet recently because it was making me unwell but going cold turkey is SO hard, I wish I could still enjoy things like that as a treat! Looking forward to the next post :) xx

    keytomysparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found it so difficult to cut out chocolate from my diet or to even eat less of it. I just love unhealthy food.and Finding motivation to exercise is super difficult for me because I'm lazy. Good luck and thank you xx

      Delete
  3. I had this realisation in the holidays and I bought a yoga book and when I went to the shop instead of buying two bars of chocolate; I'd buy dark chocolate (which is considered the healthier option) and a piece of fresh fruit (and I've also saved money that way!). I think little changes like introducing bike rides are only the first step to living a healthier lifestyle!

    Also, are the flower crowns representative of Tumblr?!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying now to eat less chocolate but it's difficult so I might start to just buy dark chocolate. Doing yoga keeps getting recommended to me, does it help much?
      And yeah it is because it's sort of that aesthetically pleasing life that you see on tumble all the time, If that makes sense x

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I reckon that makes sense!
      I've found that yoga has really helped as it is more about wellbeing and stretching than about breaking a sweat. It has made me feel more comfortable because my movement flows a lot more now ( if that makes sense) ;)

      TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

      Delete
    3. Yeah that's sounds good, I might have to give it a go

      Delete
  4. This is good to hear, and not dumb at all. Glad you feel free to make a change. It'll be good. So, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I hope that you will be able to feel happier in yourself and i definitely agree that being healthier is a really good place to start, well done :)
    http://yasminanicole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully I'll be feeling much better soon

      Delete
  6. This is so true!! I have to say that I can relate to this so much! Like you mentioned it's so! Easy! to just give in to being lazy and going about your day then it is to stay motivated. I recently started working on a vision/dream board so that everyday when I wake up I can get inspired :) By the way! Bike riding is so much fun :D Especially when you can ride along a really nice view and the weather is nice :D I hope you enjoy your new bike! This is a really great post and definitely makes me want to get up and go after things :D

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you feel motivated too x

      Delete