Wednesday 30 September 2015

September Favourites

I probably say this every time but I can't believe how fast September has gone. For me September was very busy and as I mentioned last time, I am tired. Like really tired. To be honest, it was a difficult month for me but today lets take a look at some of the good things. October is going to be another busy month but hopefully it will be more exciting because I have a few things planned that I'm looking forward to. But for now, here are some of my September favourites:

Favourite Films:
Obvious Child. This film has come up in my Netflix suggestions so many times and a few days ago I finally watched it. I'll just say that if you didn't love Jenny Slate and Jake Lacy before then you will once you've seen this. 


What We Did on Our Holiday. My mum and I had absolutely no idea what this film was about or what would happen and it was a very good surprise. It was funny and happy and just everything I'd want in a film. 


The English Teacher. Before watching this I imagined it would be another romantic comedy with a predictable romance and a distinct lack of comedy as so many are. But again I was surprised. The main character Linda was hilarious and the relationship side of it was a little...lets say different. 

Favourite TV Shows:
Merlin. There is absolutely nothing I don't love about Merlin. I'd probably say that it is one of my favourite shows ever. It's just one of those things where I could put on any random episode and say oh I love this one. Although I haven't seen the last series yet and maybe that could ruin it all. 


The Guild. My mum and I love Felicia Day and this definitely made us love her more. It's basically about a group of people who are in a guild in an online game. They then decide to meet in person and it's all very awkward but like, in a nice way. There are six seasons and I'm pretty sure they're on YouTube (I watched it on Netflix) so anyone can see it. 


Boy Meets Girl. This show has been on BBC 2 over the past month (I think there's an episode left, I'm not sure) and it's so good. You'll get tired of hearing (reading) me say how funny things are but this really is. And everyone in the show is so lovely. I think I needed to see something that didn't have any kind of villain who was trying to ruin lives, and that was just nice people.


Jeopardy. This is a TV show from 2002 which was on CBBC and my eldest brother was home for a week in September so we watched this together. It is so terrible. My brother kept saying he didn't remember it being so bad when he was thirteen. But I love it. I love Jeopardy so much because it is so terrible and would recommend it to anyone. (Again, it's on YouTube so please go and watch it)

Favourite Book: 
Yes Please. Amy Poehler is an amazing person and that's obvious when reading this book. I like her so much because she is Leslie in Parks and Recreation and although they are completely different, I love them both equally. This book was easy to read and made me very happy (despite being very heavy. It must be made of quality paper because I felt like I was carrying a brick around).

Favourite Music:
Twenty One Pilots. I couldn't just pick one song so I just chose the whole band. I'd say at the moment my favourite of there songs are Run and Go, Stressed Out, Goner, and Guns for Hands. 


The Vaccines. Again, I couldn't pick one song so I'll go for the whole album, What Did You Expect from The Vaccines? This is something my dad and I share and it's made driving to school a lot more fun. 


Pentatonix- Say Something. Pentatonix are incredible and I only discovered that this month. For me, this is the best cover they've done. I can't stop listening to it. 


That has been my September favourites. Hopefully October will be an overall better month and I will post more than I did this month. We'll see. That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to go and watch those films, they sound really interesting! I'm yet to meet anyone who's been watching Boy Meets Girl and I'm basically absolutely in love with it!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they're great. And me too but it's so good! I love it so much

      Delete
  2. OMG!! I feel you! September has been so busy with school work and just basically the fast pace of this month it stressful on it's own. I'm definitely going to be watching the suggestions on your favorite movies :D I've been looking for a good movie to watch so I can't wait to watch these :). Also I love Twenty One Pilots! The song that got me into them was House of Gold, have you heard it? probably my favorite song of theirs :) I hope things start picking up for you :) I can't wait for the holiday seasons! I hope you have a great day :)

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September is always a stressful month, hope you got through it all okay. And I hope you like the films.
      I absolutely love House of Gold that's actually the first one of theirs I heard because Carrie Hope Fletcher did a cover.
      Can't wait for the holiday seasons too, it's going to be great.
      Thank you. x

      Delete
  3. I love Love LOVE What we did on our holiday ! It made me laugh endlessly and I've watched it several times on repeat :) I love anything that makes me giggle :) I've never listening to Twenty One Pilots but Carrie Hope Fletcher did an amazing cover of their song House Of Gold which I'm addicted to and have been meaning to check them out ever since :)

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cover so much! And you should definitely check them out x

      Delete