Wednesday 25 January 2017

Music For All Occasions

Last weekend my dad and I embarked on the adventure which was watching films about music (more specifically about people who start bands). This was mostly a weekend of depressing stories set in the 80s where everyone smoked indoors but it did get me thinking a lot about music. 

The music I like is a mess of self confessed utter trash, mediocre skippable tracks, and stuff that is actually good. Being asked questions like who's your favourite band or what's your favourite song are the worst because I have no idea. It's always changing and always varied. But I like it that way so here is some of my favourite music and for what occasion it is my favourite. 



Musicals for in the car. I like to sing along to music in the car and I absolutely love musicals. At the moment it's all about Lin-Manuel Miranda with Moana and Hamilton.



When I'm sad, I tend to listen to slow, sad music. (When by Dodie, Landfill by Daughter, Fine by Zannah, and You by Keaton Henson)



If I work while listening to music, I often go for something I'm not familiar with yet. I always feel compelled to sing along which is why I listen to something I don't know yet. That way I'm learning the songs but not getting distracted. At the moment that is The Wall by Pink Floyd and Goo by Sonic Youth. 



Music which I listen to when I can just sing and dance and completely lose myself in are Fall Out Boy and 10cc. New additions to this include Oasis and Sing Street (the original music from the film). 



Joy Division are a band which I can't quite describe. I wouldn't sit and listen to their music to enjoy it but there's something about them which changes how I feel about all music.  I suddenly become interested in how it's made and the people playing it. I think they might be my favourite band but saying that feels like a big commitment.



My current favourite song is Rufus Wainwright's cover of Bewitched from the end of The History Boys. I will link the Spotify Playlist I've been listening to. Wouldn't recommend anyone ever follow it because, as previously mentioned, it's a mess. But I do enjoy listening to it on shuffle because the difference between every song makes me laugh. You might enjoy that too, I don't know. 

Thanks for reading, hope you liked it

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! My current favourite song is Over the castle on the hill (live version) from Ed Sheeran :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this blog post !! just amazing :) I love love your style :) good job :)

    New video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWciqZN_Tnw&t=41s

    New post - http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/my-bucket-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of Moana,I still need to watch the film!
    I've nominated you for the inspirational blogger award! Me and Lucy created it ourselves to celebrate our blog anniversary and it is a slightly different style compared to most blog awards. We would love it if you could check out our post and complete the tag!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need to watch Moana, it's amazing! Thank you so much, I will do that soon xx

      Delete
  4. My sisters and I are also into Moana & Sing Street at the moment! Movie soundtracks are always the best for crazy sing along & dances :D
    xx

    Kaylee 🌛ㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! And it's nice to find someone else who likes Moana and Sing Street xx

      Delete